We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
47760 Grand River Ave.
Novi, MI 48374
Phone: (248) 374-4000
Fax: (248) 374-4092
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed the following Holidays: New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
• Hummingbirds and orioles return at the beginning of the month.
• Warbler migration peaks early in May. Nearly 30 species will migrate through the region.
• Sub-adult Purple Martins return to establish new colonies early in the month.
• Yearling Purple Martins (previous year's fledglings) arrive mid- to late-May.
• Peak of warbler migration early to mid-month.
• Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, nighthawks, Wood Thrushes, Veerys and Chimney Swifts return.
• Peak of bird courtship. Listen for the morning chorus.
• Nesting materials are being collected.
• Chickadees and titmice become scarce at feeders as they nest and raise their young.
• Mosquitoes can begin to be a problem late in the month.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.